To the Editor,
In the midst of this extremely cold weather, it is astonishing and heart melting that everyone is able to continue to function on a daily basis.
* Electric companies for upgrading their systems to handle the ever-growing power output needs.
* Propane truck drivers delivering propane non-stop.
* Plumbers with massive amounts of service calls.
* Parents having to re-arrange work schedules at the last minute to accommodate late starts and closures.
* Small shop owners wondering if there will be enough customers to cover the costs of keeping their business open.
* Firefighters dealing with terrible cold and dangerous situations.
* Salvation Army and other non-profits taking in people and giving out whatever they have to share.
* Concerned neighbors checking on their elderly friends.
* Mail carriers who have their windows open for the whole shift.
* Farmers with real concerns of how to keep their animals at least somewhat comfortable.
There are so many more!
Give your loved ones a hug and the power companies a high five!