BY JACOB FOSLIEN / WCA Activities Director
Last week was a big news week from the Minnesota State High School League (MSHSL)and this week they filled in some of the details for us. Below is the information for the Fall Competitive Seasons, as well as guidance regarding forms and fees and registration.
Boys and Girls Cross Country:
* Season Dates: August 17-October 24
* Max Number of Contests: Seven
* First event for WCA: August 28 at Perham
* The new schedule has been completed, and will be available for view on RSchool on Monday.
Girls Tennis (Co-op with Morris Area)
* Season Dates: August 17-October 17
* Max Number of Contests: 11
* First Event: August 24 at Morris Area
* The new schedules have been completed, and will be available for view on RSchool on Monday.
In regards to sport registration (forms and fees) this year, we are doing things a little different than in the past. Coaches will be distributing all necessary MSHSL and WCA forms to their student athletes the first day of practice. Copies of these documents can also be found in the secondary school office. I am advising no fee payment at this time until the new fee structure is finalized. When the new structure is finalized, I will be informing coaches and we will re-open the option to pay on PaySchools. If you qualify for free or reduced lunch, please make sure you have completed the waiver and turned it into Mindy in the secondary office.
All forms and fees (or waivers) must be turned in prior to each sport’s respective first contest for a student athlete to be eligible to participate. Upon completion of these requirements, students will receive their KNIGHT card, clearing them for participation.
Please contact Jake Foslien (Activities Director) or Mindy Moritz (Administrative Assistant) if you have questions. Thank you. Go Knights!