BY JAKE FOLSIEN
Well….here we go! At the September 21, MSHSL Board of Directors Special Meeting, Football and Volleyball were re-instated. Our student athletes and coaches have been allowed to train in these sports for the last two weeks, but starting Monday September 28, official practice begins. All schedules have been finalized and can be found on RSchool and the school website. Specifics for each sport are listed below:
* 7-12th grade start practice on September 28.
* C, JV, and Varsity open up their season on Oct. 8, at Battle Lake.
* The C, JV, and Varsity regular season goes until Nov. 24, with playoffs starting on Nov. 30.
* 7-8th grade open up their season on Oct. 12, at Ashby.
* The last JH game is on Nov. 19.
* Per MSHSL and MDE rules, no fans will be allowed to attend the games.
* All 7-12th grade volleyball games will be played in Barrett and livestreamed.
* 7th-12th grade start practice on September 28.
* Varsity opens up their season on Oct. 3, at Battle Lake.
* The final regular season game is on Nov. 6, with playoffs starting on Nov. 17.
* JV FB has their first game on Oct. 19, and JH opens up their season on Oct. 13.
* Per MSHSL and MDE rules, only 250 people total are allowed to attend.
* For varsity games, our attendance plan provides for up 150 passes for home fans, and 100 passes for the visiting team. You must have a pass to enter the school facility to watch the game. Almost all of these passes will be given to student athletes to give to family members.
* When at the game, Social distance must be maintained in the bleachers and face covering are recommended, not required.
* There will be no concessions at home games
* There will be no tailgating allowed in the WCA Parking Lot.
* Following completion of the game, fans will not be allowed to go onto the field, and are asked to clear the facilities in a timely manner.
* Currently all 7-12th grade games are scheduled to be played in Barrett. However, due to weather and field conditions, non-varsity home games may be moved to Ashby, or switched with the opponent.
* All 7th-12th grade football games played in Barrett will be livestreamed.
With all of our “normal” fall activities up and running there will definitely be even more excitement in the air. Granted attendance at our events (or online) will look very different than the past and the weather may be colder than normal, but this won’t stop our Knight Student athletes from doing their best!
Continue to support our student athletes and continue to be diligent when wearing your face covering and following social distancing guidelines. We all are in this together, and we all must continue to follow these mandates so our students can be in person for school, and on the field, or on the court competing!